Ironworkers Canada arranges safe, convenient, and cost-effective shipping for our customers. We work with two specific shipping companies, UPS for all ground shipments and Lantrax for all LTL Shipments. We do that to ensure the best price for the shipment and pass those savings on to you.
You can also arrange your own shipping, when applicable, if you’d prefer. Talk to a customer service representative at 1-(833) 399-5395 for more information on this option.
HOW ARE ITEMS SHIPPED?
Small Items from 10 Lbs. to 150 Lbs.
We ship items that weigh more than 50 lbs. and less than 150 Lbs. also via UPS Ground; however, since these items are heavier they are shipped in a box and take more space. Items such Attachments, Accessories, Bender Dies are all shipped via this shipping method.
Ironworkers and Powerlink Hydraulic Tools
Ironworkers Canada ships all Ironworkers and Powerlink Hydraulic Tools via (LTL) Freight. Less than truckload freight shipping (LTL) is used for the transportation of small freight or when freight doesn’t require the use of an entire trailer. This shipping method can be used when freight weighs between 150 and 15,000 pounds. When shipping LTL, the shipper pays for the portion of a standard truck trailer their freight occupies, while other shippers and their shipments fill the unoccupied space. There are a number of benefits to shipping via LTL.
Benefits of LTL shipping:
- Reduces costs: When booking an LTL shipment, you only pay for the portion of the trailer used. The rest of the cost is covered by the other occupants of the trailer’s space.
- Increases security: All LTL shipments are packaged onto pallets before being loaded onto a truck. One well-packaged pallet has a better chance of remaining secure than shipments with multiple smaller handling units.
- Additional service options: When shipping via LTL, you gain access to special services like liftgates and inside pickup and delivery. Talk to a customer service representative at 1-(833) 399-5395 for more information on this options. Extra fees will apply.
- Tracking: LTL carriers offer tracking capabilities through the bill of lading number, PRO number, PO number, shipment reference number and pick up date range, to name a few.
DO I NEED A FORKLIFT TO UNLOAD THE HEAVY MACHINERY?
Simple answer is: Yes. Your delivery address also must be accessible by tractor-trailer. Furthermore, truck drivers are not required to assist with unloading. You are responsible for unloading your freight and for moving it into your shop.
You can also arrange to pick up your freight at the carrier’s terminal. The carrier will load the item onto your vehicle. If you choose this option, please make sure your vehicle is capable of handling the weight and bring plenty of tie-downs to secure the load properly.
HOW QUICKLY DO YOU SHIP ORDERS?
- Ground Shipments (up to 150 lbs.), if the item is in stock and full payment has gone through are typically shipped within a few days.
- LTL Shipments (up to 15,000 Lbs.), once equipment has been built, tested and full payment has gone through are typically shipped anywhere from 3 to 5 business days.
Please note that once processed, all freight shipments are fully inspected, tested, and packaged according to our strict standards.
To find out how long your order will take to arrive, please call us at 1-(833) 399-5395 and ask what the shipping delay will be.
HOW ARE SHIPPING AND HANDLING CHARGES CALCULATED?
Ironworkers Canada works with two specific shipping companies, UPS for all ground shipments and Lantrax for all LTL Shipments to ensure the best price for the shipment, and we pass those savings on to you.
DO YOU OFFER EXPEDITED SHIPPING?
No, we do not offer expedited shipping.
WHAT IS THE F.O.B. POINT?
We use FOB Origin for all shipments, which means that you are responsible for the merchandise from the time of purchase.
FOB (Albert Lea, MN) – The buyer assumes ownership of the shipment the moment the carrier picks up and signs the bill of lading. Freight is Prepaid and Charged at checkout.